The 2014 Farm Fresh Atlas is now available!
Be Featured in the 2015 Farm Fresh Atlas™ of Southeastern Wisconsin!
If you are a farmer, farmers’ market, small/local business, or restaurant that wants to attract more customers in the Milwaukee Metropolitan area, then the 2015 Farm Fresh Atlas™ of Southeastern Wisconsin is for you! The Atlas features local farmers, farmers’ markets, restaurants and small businesses that are primarily food or farm related. Even with all the backbreaking work that farmers have to do, sometimes the hardest thing they face is marketing their products.
“The Farm Fresh Atlas™ of Southeastern Wisconsin is the primary advertising source for our honey and bees wax operation. We are very pleased with the service and value that the Atlas provides. Surprisingly, we even had customers from northern Illinois find us by using the Atlas. The farmers’ market feature has also been valuable in directing customers to our Kenosha market. We applaud the Farm Fresh Atlas™ statewide as a supporter of the local, sustainable, food movement in Wisconsin.” say Tim and Lois Fulton of Old Corbett Road Apiary in Kenosha.
Farmers who sell directly to consumers, through on-farm sales, farm stands, farmers’ markets, CSA’s, or U-Pick operations or other methods can be listed in the Atlas. Farmers’ markets and any food related business that also supports farmers such as cheese factories, food co-ops, restaurants, bakeries, meat processors and others can also participate. The cost to list a farm in the Atlas is $55 ($45 for returning listings that appeared in the 2014 Atlas). Business and restaurant listings are $185 ($175 for return). There will also be ad and sponsorship space available for businesses. For the first time, farmers’ market listings will be $35 this year ($25 for return). Regular registration ends November 15, 2014. Costs go up slightly after that date. Final applications are due December 15th. Atlases will be available for distribution in March 2015.
80,000 Atlases will be printed and distributed in 2015 at farmers’ markets, through participating farms and businesses and through tourism and convention bureaus, public libraries, and events such as county fairs. Target counties include Dodge, Jefferson, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Rock, Walworth, Washington and Waukesha. Farms outside of this area are welcome to list in the Southeast Farm Fresh Atlas™ as well. All farms, markets, restaurants and businesses who list in the hard copy version will also have their information on the website, which is http://www.farmfreshsewi.org/.
For more information, or to request application materials, contact Leigh Presley at 262-857-1948, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are also available on the website at http://www.farmfreshsewi.org/applications.htm.
Walworth County Farmer’s Market
Saturdays, June 7 – October 11
Veterans Memorial Park (Elkhorn Government Center Square)
Leasing and Farm Resources
- Farm Fresh Atlas
- 2008 Farm Bill
- Landlord Statement
- Operator’s Statement
- Nitrogen Guidelines for Corn
- Savor Wisconsin
- Farmer to Farmer Hay, Corn, & Forage List website
- Integrated Pest Management
- Nutrient Management
- Meat HACCP – research-based help for small meat and poultry processors. Key resources on this site include:
- THERM – a web-based program for evaluating deviations in raw product processing or handling
- HACCP Model Plans – model plans jointly developed by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (Food Safety division) and the University of Wisconsin-Extension for use by small and very small meat processors throughout the state
Check out the new Extension website dedicated to managing problems posed by sharing our properties with our wildlife neighbors. http://wildlifedamage.uwex.edu
Program Area Pages
Other Helpful Agricultural Links
- University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension
- United States Dept of Agriculture
- National Weather Service
- Wisconsin Dept of Ag, Trade & Consumer protection
- National Pork Producers Council
- Wisconsin Beef Council
- American Soybean Association
- National Dairy Herd Improvement Association
- National Corn Growers Association
- American Sheep Industry Association
- Wisconsin Agricultural Statistics Service
- Walworth County Agriculture: Value and Economic Impact
- Wisconsin Pest Bulletin - current status of crop insect pests in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Farm Service Agency
- UW Soil Lab
- Hay Prices
- UW-Extension Forage Resources
- Wisconsin Horticulture
- Center for Dairy Profitability