Pesticide Applicator Training
2014 Training & Testing Sessions
The 2014 Private Pesticide Applicator Certification & Safety Training Classes have been scheduled:
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Western Racine County Service Center
209 N. Main Street
Burlington, WI 53105
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Walworth County Government Building
100 W. Walworth Street, Room 214
Elkhorn, WI 53121
Applicators may attend trainings in any county. Both Racine and Walworth County trainings are 9:00 a.m. – Noon, followed by a 1 hour lunch period and testing beginning at 1:00 p.m. The fee for the book and license is $30. Applicators must sign up for a class and pick up the textbook at least one week prior to the class. Applicators may register and pay at any UW-Extension office (Kenosha, Racine, or Walworth). View the 2014 PAT Class Brochure for complete information and a registration form.
If you cannot come to the training sessions or prefer the self-study option, you can make arrangements with any UW-Extension office to take the test. We recommend a week between buying the book and taking the test. Those participating in training sessions must have a score of 50% or better to pass. Those who choose the self-study option must have a score of 70% or better to pass.
For more information, contact Peg Reedy, Walworth County, at 262-741-4961 or Rose Skora, Kenosha/Racine Counties, at 262-767-2905 or 262-857-1948.
WDATCP Websites, PACS, and Contact Info:
- Pesticide certification and licensing information
- Find pesticide products registered for use in WI
- Locate WI licensed dealers and licensed application businesses
- Find WI certified applicators (by name, by county, by category)
Pesticide Applicator Certification System (PACS) – (608) 224-4560
PACS is an automated phone system to assist applicators. You may also access the information online.
- Exam score (first-time certifying applicators will need their score sheet number)
- Certification expiration date
- Categories currently certified in
PAT Websites and Contact Info
- Information on manuals, training, and the different categories.
- Commerial applicators may order traning manuals, videos, register for sessions
- Private applicators may order the Fruit Crops and Greenhouse & Nursery manuals, and the subcategory manuals (General Farming manual only from Extension office)
- Click on Ag/Crop to view/print agricultural and crop protection labels and MSDS
- Click on T & O/NonCrop to view/print turf, ornamental, and non crop labels and MSDS
- From the CDMS homepage, click on ChemSearch, a subscription-based service purchased by PAT for agents’ use. Username and password are case sensitive
- Label search for product type, crop, or pest
- Condenses full labels to 1-2 pages of summaries
- Compare 2 products side-by-side
- Find WPS, DPT , SARA information
- WPS Information
- Sept. 2005 version of How-to-Comply manual (pdf)