UW-Extension Family Living Programs enrich families and strengthen communities. Backed by university research, we work for Wisconsin families by:
- Helping communities respond to issues such as childhood obesity, financial security, and aging.
- Providing leadership for policies that help children, youth and families succeed.
- Increasing knowledge about parenting, health and nutrition.
- Offering consumers and families more strategies for managing their money.
- Reaching out to diverse families with education and resources.
- Using cost effective approaches to reduce negative family issues and build more resilient families.
UW-Extension and the UW-Madison maintain a Food Safety and Health website with food safety and preservation information.
Walworth County Programs
Walworth County Family Referral Services
Building Strong Families
- Child & Family Web Guide
- The Children’s Trust Fund
- The Future of Children
- National Fatherhood Initiative
- Office of Child Development, School of Education, University of Pittsburgh
- Prevent Child Abuse America
- Prevent Child Abuse Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Clearinghouse for Prevention Resources
- Wisconsin’s Home Visitation Program
- Zero to Three
- Children, Youth, & Family Education and Research Network
- I Am Your Child
- Parenting the First Year
- Parenting the 2nd & 3rd Years
- Parenting the Preschooler
Clothing and Textiles
- The American Cleaning Institute
- Iowa State Extension Clothing and Textiles
- Quick ‘n Easy Stain Removal
- Stain Removal Guide
Diet and Health
- Diet & Nutrition
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- CalorieKing – Diet and Weight Loss
- Centers of Disease Control and Prevention on Nutrition
- Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition (FDA)
- Choose My Plate
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Food and Nutrition Information Center (USDA)
- Fruits and Veggies More Matters
- The Lunchbox Series
- Nutrition and Physical Activity (CDC)
- Weight Control Information from the National Institutes of Health
- Healthy Recipes
- allrecipes.com – Healthy Recipes – This site you can change the serving sizes
- Healthy Cooking Magazine
- Healthy Recipes, Zonya, RD
- Meals.com – 15,000 Recipes
- Meals for You – Thousands of Delicious Recipes and Meals
- Foodfit – Healthy Low Fat Recipes, Diet Plans, Holiday Recipes, and Free Online Diets
- SNAP-Ed Recipe Finder
- The American Heart Association
- American Institute for Cancer Research
- Mayo Clinic Health Information
- Mesothelioma Treatment
- Ministry Health Care
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- The President’s Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition
- State of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Wisconsin Dietetic Association
- BadgerCare Plus – The BadgerCare Plus information page contains links to information about applying and other resources.
- Child Care Provider Information – The Child Care Provider Information page has links to YoungStar, policy, and resources.
- DHS Customer Help – A quick way to find forms and publications related to FoodShare, BadgerCare Plus and Medicaid.
- Healthcare.gov – The U.S. Health Insurance Marketplace
- Home Energy Plus Program Information – Contains links to the Energy Assistance Application, brochures, and fact sheets.
- WI Shares Child Care Subsidy Program – The WI Shares Child Care Subsidy Program page contains links to parent and partner resources.
Family Financial Management
- American Savings Education Council
- Federal Trade Commission
- The Investor’s Clearinghouse
- National Endowment for Financial Education
- Social Security Administration
- Food Preservation Equipment and Supplies – Where to find the equipment and supplies needed for preserving food
- Kraft Company’s SureJell
- Michigan State University Canning and Food Preservation
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Penn Food Preservation and Safety
- University of Wisconsin Food Preservation
- Utah State University Food Preservation Publications
Foods & Nutrition
- Extension Program in Nutritional Science
- Food and Nutrition Information Center (USDA)
- List of government websites with nutrition information
- Look up calories/nutrients in a food
- Nutrition Facts Label
- Nutrition for Family Living Newsletters
- Nutrition Resources Webography from Steenbock Library and UW-Extension
- Wisconsin Nutrition Education Network
- Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program (WNEP)
- University of Wisconsin Food Safety and Health
- UW-Extension Food and Nutrition Publications
Homeowners and Consumers
- Resources for Consumer Information from the Federal Government
- University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension Home and Family Publications
- University of Wisconsin Family Living Programs
- Wisconsin Connections – An Eligibility Guide to Assistance Programs for Wisconsin Households
If you have any questions regarding Family Living in Walworth County, please contact:
Walworth County – UW Extension
100 W. Walworth St.
PO Box 1001
Elkhorn, WI 53121-1001