UW-Extension Family Living Programs enrich families and strengthen communities. Backed by university research, we work for Wisconsin families by:
- Helping communities respond to issues such as childhood obesity, financial security, and aging.
- Providing leadership for policies that help children, youth and families succeed.
- Increasing knowledge about parenting, health and nutrition.
- Offering consumers and families more strategies for managing their money.
- Reaching out to diverse families with education and resources.
- Using cost effective approaches to reduce negative family issues and build more resilient families.
Family Living Programs focus on parenting, financial education, eating well & being active, which helps families thrive in a rapidly changing world. Residents can participate in programs to help them increase their financial capability, become financially healthy and achieve their financial goals. Seniors benefit from exercise programs including Strong Women. Families of all ages can benefit from Get Moving, Walworth County’s summer walking program.
UW-Extension and UW-Madison maintain a Food Safety and Health website with food safety and preservation information.
If you have any questions regarding Family Living in Walworth County, please contact:
Walworth County – UW Extension
100 W. Walworth St.
PO Box 1001
Elkhorn, WI 53121-1001
Recent Family Living Posts
Wisconsin’s Farm Fresh Atlases showcase nearly 400 farms and about 250 farmers’ markets in annual publications, with the number of listings increasing every year. All farms, markets, and businesses in the atlases pledge to work toward more sustainable agricultural and business practices, like fair treatment of farm workers, animals, and the environment. By providing 200,000 […]
If you are a parent of a 4-7 year-old and your child has experienced temper tantrums, difficulty making or keeping friends, impatience or interrupting, and/or not listening, Raising a Thinking Child workshop may be just right for you!