UW-Extension Family Living Programs enrich families and strengthen communities. Backed by university research, we work for Wisconsin families by:
- Helping communities respond to issues such as childhood obesity, financial security, and aging.
- Providing leadership for policies that help children, youth and families succeed.
- Increasing knowledge about parenting, health and nutrition.
- Offering consumers and families more strategies for managing their money.
- Reaching out to diverse families with education and resources.
- Using cost effective approaches to reduce negative family issues and build more resilient families.
UW-Extension and UW-Madison maintain a Food Safety and Health website with food safety and preservation information.
If you have any questions regarding Family Living in Walworth County, please contact:
Walworth County – UW Extension
100 W. Walworth St.
PO Box 1001
Elkhorn, WI 53121-1001
Recent Family Living Posts
The Walworth County Association for Home and Community Education (WCHCE) is pleased to announce that it will award one $1,000 scholarship to a Walworth County resident who is a high school senior intending to enroll as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s Program at any college or university or an Associate Degree Program at any technical college.
If you are a parent of a 4-7 year-old and your child has experienced temper tantrums, difficulty making or keeping friends, impatience or interrupting, and/or not listening, Raising a Thinking Child workshop may be just right for you!
Walworth County UW-Extension is currently accepting applications for an SAAIP (Summer Affirmative Action Internship Program) Intern for the summer of 2016.
The Strong Women Program is a fun, hands-on way to make positive changes to help you move more, eat better, meet new people, and improve your general health and well-being. A weekly exercise program for men and women of all ages, classes will include progressive weight training, cardiovascular exercise, flexibility, balance activities, and nutrition education.