UW-Extension Family Living Programs enrich families and strengthen communities. Backed by university research, we work for Wisconsin families by:
- Helping communities respond to issues such as childhood obesity, financial security, and aging.
- Providing leadership for policies that help children, youth and families succeed.
- Increasing knowledge about parenting, health and nutrition.
- Offering consumers and families more strategies for managing their money.
- Reaching out to diverse families with education and resources.
- Using cost effective approaches to reduce negative family issues and build more resilient families.
UW-Extension and UW-Madison maintain a Food Safety and Health website with food safety and preservation information.
If you have any questions regarding Family Living in Walworth County, please contact:
Walworth County – UW Extension
100 W. Walworth St.
PO Box 1001
Elkhorn, WI 53121-1001
Recent Family Living Posts
Do you remember the smells coming from your grandmother’s kitchen during food preservation season? Are you struggling with where to start? Join Master Food Preservers Jenny Wehmeier & Jo Hart for a workshop series on the basics of preserving all of your favorite produce.
If you are a parent of a 4-7 year-old and your child has experienced temper tantrums, difficulty making or keeping friends, impatience or interrupting, and/or not listening, Raising a Thinking Child workshop may be just right for you!
The Strong Women Program is a fun, hands-on way to make positive changes to help you move more, eat better, meet new people, and improve your general health and well-being. A weekly exercise program for men and women of all ages, classes will include progressive weight training, cardiovascular exercise, flexibility, balance activities, and nutrition education.