UW-Extension Family Living Programs enrich families and strengthen communities. Backed by university research, we work for Wisconsin families by:
- Helping communities respond to issues such as childhood obesity, financial security, and aging.
- Providing leadership for policies that help children, youth and families succeed.
- Increasing knowledge about parenting, health and nutrition.
- Offering consumers and families more strategies for managing their money.
- Reaching out to diverse families with education and resources.
- Using cost effective approaches to reduce negative family issues and build more resilient families.
UW-Extension and the UW-Madison maintain a Food Safety and Health website with food safety and preservation information.
Walworth County Programs
Learn how to keep your family and friends safe from food bourne illness this holiday season, and the rest of the year!
Walworth County Family Referral Services
Family Financial Management
- American Savings Education Council
- Federal Trade Commission
- National Endowment for Financial Education
- Social Security Administration
- The Investor’s Clearinghouse
Clothing and Textiles
- Iowa State Extension Clothing and Textiles
- Quick ‘n Easy Stain Removal
- Stain Removal Guide
- The American Cleaning Institute
Homeowners and Consumers
Building Strong Families
- Child & Family Web Guide
- Wisconsin’s Home Visitation Program
- The Children’s Trust Fund
- Office of Child Development, School of Education, University of Pittsburgh
- Prevent Child Abuse America
- The Future of Children
- Prevent Child Abuse Wisconsin
- Zero to Three
- Wisconsin Clearinghouse for Prevention Resources
- National Fatherhood Initiative
- I Am Your Child
- Parenting the First Year
- Parenting the 2nd & 3rd Years
- Children, Youth, & Family Education and Research Network
- Parenting the Preschooler Articles
Foods & Nutrition
- Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program (WNEP)
- Extension Program in Nutritional Science
- Food Safety and Health
- Nutrition for Family Living Newsletters
- Nutrition Resources Webography from Steenbock Library and UW-Extension
- Wisconsin Nutrition Education Network
- UW Extension Food and Nutrition Publications
- Searchable file of food/nutrition tips from UW-Extension
- List of government websites with nutrition information
- Nutrition Facts Label
- Look up calories/nutrients in a food
- Food and Nutrition Information Center (USDA)
Diet and Health
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition (FDA)
- Choose My Plate
- The Lunchbox Series
- Nutrition and Physical Activity (CDC)
- Weight Control Information from the National Institutes of Health
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Wisconsin Sports Development Corp.
- Lighten Up Wisconsin
- Ministry Health Care
- Wisconsin Dietetic Association
- State of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Governor’s Challenge
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Fruits and Veggies More Matters
- Walking information from about.com
- American Institute for Cancer Research
- Global Health and Fitness
- The American Council on Exercise
- The American Heart Association
- Mayo Clinic Health Information
- The President’s Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition
- Centers of Disease Control and Prevention on Nutrition
- Meals.com – 15,000 Recipes
- Meals for You – Thousands of Delicious Recipes and Meals
- Healthy Low Fat Recipes, Diet Plans, Holiday Recipes, and Free Online Diets/Foodfit
- CalorieKing – Diet and Weight Loss
- A Free Online Fitness Tool
- Healthy Recipes, Zonya, RD
- SNAP-Ed Recipe Finder
- Healthy Cooking Magazine
- Healthy Recipes – allrecipes.com – This site you can change the serving sizes
- Food and Nutrition Information Center (USDA)
- General Physical Activities Definied by Level of Intensity
- Utah State University Food Preservation Publications
- Michigan State University Canning and Food Preservation
- Kraft Company’s SureJell
- Penn Food Preservation and Safety
- Food Preservation
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Food Preservation Equipment and Supplies – 2008
- DHS Customer Help – A quick way to find forms and publications related to FoodShare, BadgerCare Plus and Medicaid.
- BadgerCare Plus – The BadgerCare Plus information page contains links to information about applying and other resources.
- WI Shares Child Care Subsidy Program – The WI Shares Child Care Subsidy Program page contains links to parent and partner resources.
- Child Care Provider Information – The Child Care Provider Information page has links to YoungStar, policy, and resources.
- Home Energy Plus Program Information – Contains links to the Energy Assistance Application, brochures, and fact sheets.
- Resources for Consumer Information from the Federal Government
- University of Wisconsin Family Living Programs
- University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension Home and Family Publications
- Wisconsin Connections – An Eligibility Guide to Assistance Programs for Wisconsin Households
If you have any questions regarding Family Living in Walworth County, please contact:
Walworth County – UW Extension
100 W. Walworth St.
PO Box 1001
Elkhorn, WI 53121-1001