Monday, July 27, 2015; 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Aram Public Library, 404 E Walworth Ave, Delavan, WI
FREE with preregistration!
You don’t have to become a vegetarian to enjoy more fruits and vegetables in your diet! A trip through your local farmer’s market or grocery store might have you confused about what to do with items like kale, daikon, or ugli fruit. Join your Walworth County UW-Extension Family Living Educator Jenny Wehmeier as she provides a general overview of the importance of increasing your fruit and vegetable consumption while sharing samples of meatless and animal free products.
The premier resource for food safety & health information for Wisconsin consumers. Your source for up-to-date and research-tested information on food preservation, food safety, starting a small food business, and hot topics in food safety and health.
Research-based help for small meat and poultry processors.
Nutrition & Food Safety-Related Links:
- American Dietetic Association
- Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition (FDA)
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Food & Nutrition Information Center (USDA)
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Nutrition and Physical Activity (CDC)
- Nutrition Facts Labels
- UW Extension Food and Nutrition Publications