Nutrition & Food Safety
Thursday, August 21; 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Aram Public Library, 404 E. Walworth Ave., Delavan
Canning tomatoes can be fun and very rewarding. Guidelines for safely canning tomatoes and salsas from home gardens, revised with current research findings and updated for Wisconsin tomato and pepper varieties, conditions, and elevations, will be discussed and distributed. These research-tested recipes have been reviewed to ensure safe, high-quality products for the entire family to enjoy! Participants will also prepare their own fresh salsa to enjoy. There is no fee for this class. However, the class is limited to 20 people, so please register early!
The premier resource for food safety & health information for Wisconsin consumers. Your source for up-to-date and research-tested information on food preservation, food safety, starting a small food business, and hot topics in food safety and health.
Research-based help for small meat and poultry processors.
- UW Extension Food and Nutrition Publications
- American Dietetic Association
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition (FDA)
- Food & Nutrition Information Center (USDA)
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Nutrition Facts Labels
- Nutrition and Physical Activity (CDC)