Nutrition & Food Safety
Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Starin Park Community Building, 504 W. Starin Road, Whitewater, WI
$2 Workshop Fee
There are a lot of products on the shelves labeled “whole-grain,” “made with whole grain,” “enriched,” and “fortified.” It is not easy for consumers to make healthy choices when they are not always sure what terms are or what they mean. Join Walworth County UW-Extension Family Living Educator Jenny Wehmeier for a back-to-basics workshop where you will learn to critically examine labels and packaging of whole grains. You’ll also enjoy samples and take home some recipes for dishes with quinoa, bulgur, chia seeds, couscous, and so much more! Classes fill early, so register today!
The premier resource for food safety & health information for Wisconsin consumers. Your source for up-to-date and research-tested information on food preservation, food safety, starting a small food business, and hot topics in food safety and health.
Research-based help for small meat and poultry processors.
- UW Extension Food and Nutrition Publications
- American Dietetic Association
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition (FDA)
- Food & Nutrition Information Center (USDA)
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Nutrition Facts Labels
- Nutrition and Physical Activity (CDC)