Upcoming Educational Opportunities
Thursday, January 22, 2015; 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Walworth County Government Center, Room 214, 100 W. Walworth St., Elkhorn
$7.00 per person (Light snack & drink included)
Registration due by Thursday, January 15, 2015
Suspected Child Abuse & Neglect Mandated Reporter Training (SCAN-MRT) is a program designed to teach mandated reporters how to recognize and respond to child maltreatment, including neglect, physical and sexual abuse, and emotional damage. SCAN-MRT is approved by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
- Identify examples of child maltreatment,including neglect, physical and sexual abuse, and emotional damage
- Describe risk factors for child maltreatment and strategies for prevention
- Have an increased confidence about reacting appropriately to disclosures of abuse and neglect
- Understand what happens when a report is made
To register, fill out the SCAN-MRT Registration Form and return with fee to: UW-Extension Walworth County, 100 W. Walworth St., P.O. Box 1001, Elkhorn, WI 53121.
- Parenting the Preschooler
- Newsletters and Other Resources from the University of Wisconsin – Extension
Parenthetical is a combination blog, website, and social network for parents of 10-16 year old tweens and teens, designed to provide parents and other caregivers with ongoing education, support, and networking.
Licensed Child Care Information
Wisconsin Department of Children and Families YoungStar Program