Master Gardener Volunteers
Monthly Meeting Notice (2nd Wednesday of the month)
WCMGV Board Meeting Agendas (3rd Thursday of the month)
All members are welcome to attend board meetings to listen to the business of the board. Members wishing to address the board and be added to the agenda need to contact the president of the board by the second Friday of the month. Agendas will be posted here by the end of the day the Monday before the board meeting.
Wisconsin Horticulture Update: Weekly reports by members of the UW-Extension Horticulture Team
Continuing Education Events
- Attend the 2014 Level I Training at the Government Center on select Thursdays from 2:00-5:00 p.m. See the Class Syllabus for more information.
- Level 2 Training Registration: Branching Out
- It’s time to talk trees! Trees are not only important parts of our gardens but play many important roles in our communities. Level 2- Branching Out builds on the introductory topics of Level 1 and will expand into concepts related to community forestry issues.
- 2014 Whole Farm Workshops at Michael Fields Agricultural Institute
- Join Michael Fields Agriculture Institute in East Troy for another season of great Whole Farm Workshops. Topics covered: Soils 101, Cover Crops, Raising Chickens, Fruit Trees, Managing Weeds for Vegetable Production, Organic Certification, Agricultural Business Fundamentals, Bee Keeping, Season Extension, Pest Management, Tractor Safety, Seed Savings, Grant Writing and more! For a complete list of workshops, visit http://www.michaelfields.org/.
- June 7 - 9th Annual Community Plant Swap
- 8:30-11:30 a.m. at the downtown square in Elkhorn
- Bring along a maximum of 5 potted plants from your garden or 5 non-perishable food items to swap for 5 new plants for your garden!
- July 12 - Master Gardener Garden Walk
- Complete details coming soon!
The 2014 Level I Training is currently full. Please contact Chrissy Wen at 262-741-4951 or email email@example.com to be added to a contact list for the 2015 training.